As a community of faith, this church has served as a Methodist presence in this vicinity for 193 years and the church building itself, built in 1874, has stood as a historical landmark at the crossroads of Seymour Lake and S. Sashabaw Road for 149 years. In the late 1990s, as the areas’ rural farms made way for suburban subdivisions, the congregation outgrew the church building and began to construct a worship and fellowship hall. It was completed in 2002. Today our buildings provides space for worship and other church events. They are also used to host several community groups, including AA, the Cub Scouts, an office for Samaritan Counseling of South Eastern Michigan, regular community Blood Drives, and seasonal Immunization Clinics, as we seek to be a place of healing and wholeness in body, mind, and spirit for our community.
As a Global Methodist Church, our Mission is “to make disciples of Jesus Christ who worship passionately, love extravagantly, and witness boldly.”
Our Vision is to join God in His journey to bring hope, peace, and purpose to our neighbors, as we serve their needs and share God’s transformational love with them.
As Christians, we believe:
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe.
- God is one in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the living Son of God who came to earth to save us from our sins.
- The Holy Spirit is present in the world to make us aware of our need for a Savior and to enable us to live out our new life in Christ so that we can be reconciled with the Father.
- The Bible is God’s word, written by human authors under the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Salvation is a gift from God that is free and available to everyone who will receive it through faith in Jesus Christ.